Are you ready to start a career as a Horticulturist? Come grow with us! Metrolina Greenhouses is the world’s largest family owned greenhouse! This is an exciting opportunity to work at a state of the art facility where you can gain hands on experience with leading experts in the field!
The assistant grower intern will have the opportunity to explore all stages of growing plants from propagation to finish with a focus on proper nutrients, lighting, and pest management. The intern in this position needs to be able to work with many different kinds of people and be able to problem solve different situations all while working in a high energy work environment.
We are looking for a few highly motivated candidates for Assistant Grower positions. Join our team to cultivate and nurture top quality plants in the largest greenhouse in the country. We are looking for new team members who are self-starters and care strongly about delivering top effort every day. If you have a winning attitude and aptitude, we can teach you the latest science and art of growing the highest quality plants. We grow and deliver over 100 million live high-quality annuals and perennials for sale across an 11-state region.
To be successful in this job you must be:
- Goal Focused and results oriented
- Strong and creative problem solver comfortable with basic science and math
- An Attentive Listener and willing to learn –empathetic and team oriented
- Persistent – able to press on despite challenges; plants do not always perform as expected. Persistence and creativity will pay off with a quality product
- Self-Aware – Understand who you are, including your skills, values, interests and character, and how you can help others
- Physically up to the demands of being on your feet and moving most of the day
If this describes you, The Metrolina Growing department wants you!
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.