Under the direction of the Department Manager, the crew leader directs full time and newly hired employees at Metrolina Greenhouses. The crew leader will primarily be responsible for a specific department but may be assigned to other departments as needed. In the absence of a Department Manager, the crew leader may be assigned to assume full responsibility for their area.
2nd shift hours: M-F, 4:00pm - 1:00am
3rd shift hours: Sun-Th, 9:30pm - 6:30am
This is a great opportunity for anyone without experience who wants to learn a new trade! Metrolina Greenhouses is looking for a reliable individual who is willing to learn and able to follow detailed instructions. You must be comfortable working at heights and in a very hot area.
Are you ready to start a career as a Horticulturist? Come grow with us! Metrolina Greenhouses is the world’s largest family owned greenhouse! This is an exciting opportunity to work at a state of the art facility where you can gain hands on experience with leading experts in the field!
The assistant grower intern will have the opportunity to explore all stages of growing plants from propagation to finish with a focus on proper nutrients, lighting, and pest management. The intern in this position needs to be able to work with many different kinds of people and be able to problem solve different situations all while working in a high energy work environment.
- We are looking for a person with a great attitude – with “Championship Thinking.” Help us push the envelope and become better growers.
- Enthusiasm is a plus - Bring an energy that often inspires others.
- Goal Focused – Let’s do it together. Have clarity in the objectives you strive for in your professional life.
- Attentive Listener – Be empathetic and allow others to be heard.
- Always Persistent – Ability to press on despite challenges.
- Self-Aware – Understand who you are, including your skills, values, interests and character, and how you can help others
The Metrolina Growing department wants you!