Multiple openings for general laborers who enjoy working in an outside greenhouse setting. Job duties will include various areas but is not limited to, production, loading, shipping and general greenhouse work. This role is in a fast-paced manufacturing-like environment. While the work is physical, our team environment encourages getting to know each other as we work together to get the job done. We also provide clean and well-maintained indoor facilities for our team during breaks and lunches.
Are you ready to start a career as a Horticulturist? Come grow with us! Metrolina Greenhouses is the world’s largest family owned greenhouse! This is an exciting opportunity to work at a state of the art facility where you can gain hands on experience with leading experts in the field!
The assistant grower intern will have the opportunity to explore all stages of growing plants from propagation to finish with a focus on proper nutrients, lighting, and pest management. The intern in this position needs to be able to work with many different kinds of people and be able to problem solve different situations all while working in a high energy work environment.
We are looking for a few highly motivated candidates for Assistant Grower positions. Join our team to cultivate and nurture top quality plants in the largest greenhouse in the country. We are looking for new team members who are self-starters and care strongly about delivering top effort every day. If you have a winning attitude and aptitude, we can teach you the latest science and art of growing the highest quality plants. We grow and deliver over 100 million live high-quality annuals and perennials for sale across an 11-state region.
To be successful in this job you must be:
- Goal Focused and results oriented
- Strong and creative problem solver comfortable with basic science and math
- An Attentive Listener and willing to learn –empathetic and team oriented
- Persistent – able to press on despite challenges; plants do not always perform as expected. Persistence and creativity will pay off with a quality product
- Self-Aware – Understand who you are, including your skills, values, interests and character, and how you can help others
- Physically up to the demands of being on your feet and moving most of the day
If this describes you, The Metrolina Growing department wants you!
Main responsibilities will be moving trailers with switcher on company property or between main farm and farm 1. Will need to have a current Class “A” CDL license and DOT physical card. We would prefer (but not required) this individual to have some previous dispatching experience.