We are looking for a few highly motivated candidates for Assistant Grower positions. Join our team to cultivate and nurture top quality plants in the largest greenhouse in the country. We are looking for new team members who are self-starters and care strongly about delivering top effort every day. If you have a winning attitude and aptitude, we can teach you the latest science and art of growing the highest quality plants. We grow and deliver over 100 million live high-quality annuals and perennials for sale across an 11-state region.
To be successful in this job you must be:
If this describes you, The Metrolina Growing department wants you!
· Manage daily assignments and priorities from the grower and other team members to maintain top health and quality of plants in your assigned area.
· Learn and accurately identify irrigation and nutritional needs of various crops and carry out watering and fertilizing as needed.
· Apply chemical pesticides and growth regulators as directed by the grower and in accordance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
· Assess plant health daily to identify and report any disease, insect problem or abnormalities
· Work with growers and the rest of our great team to identify new ways to improve processes in the areas of logistics, placement, etc. Test and document new methods.
· Care and upkeep of the physical greenhouse, including walkways and work areas each day.
· Support other departments and managers. Working as a team to accomplish a common goal will bring you closer to all and help us achieve our goals.
Multiple Work Schedules are available including day, evening and weekend shifts. Scheduling flexibility for overtime and weekends is required to meet the needs of the job.
· Horticulture education or related field is highly preferred; comfort working with basic science and math concepts is required
· Greenhouse, nursery or agricultural experience is preferred
· Must be able to work in all weather conditions around soil, plants and possible allergens.
· Able to work in a fast-paced physically demanding environment
· Flexible work schedule including overtime and some weekends
· Ability to lift up to 25 lbs repeatedly
· Able to work on your feet for extended periods
· Strong team and communication skills
· High attention to detail and organization
Are you ready for a challenging and rewarding career? Do you enjoy solving complex problems using science and math? Do you like to see your efforts bloom into a beautiful product? Then a career in growing might be a good career fit for you. If you’re ready for that challenge, please apply.